INTER-MINISTERIAL COMMITTEE ON CLIMATE CHANGE
The Inter-Ministerial Committee on Climate Change (IMCCC) enhances Whole-of-Government coordination on climate change policies to ensure that Singapore is prepared for the impacts of climate change. Established in 2007, IMCCC is chaired by Mr Teo Chee Hean, Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for National Security.
- Mr Teo Chee Hean, Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for National Security
- Ms Grace Fu, Minister for Sustainability and the Environment
- Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Mr Lawrence Wong, Second Minister for Finance
- Mr Chan Chun Sing, Minister for Trade and Industry
- Mr Ong Ye Kung, Minister for Transport
- Mr Desmond Lee, Minister for National Development
- Ms Indranee Rajah, Second Minister for National Development
Committees and Work Groups Addressing Singapore’s Climate Change-related Issues
IMCCC Executive Committee
IMCCC is supported by an Executive Committee (Exco) comprising the permanent secretaries of the respective Ministries. The IMCCC Exco oversees the work of the Long Term Emissions and Mitigation Working Group (LWG), Resilience Working Group (RWG), Sustainability Working Group (SWG), Green Economy Working Group (GEWG) and Communications and Engagement Working Group (CEWG).
IMCCC Exco Members
- Mr Leo Yip, Head Civil Service, Permanent Secretary (Prime Minister’s Office)(Strategy)
- Mr Albert Chua, Permanent Secretary (Sustainability and the Environment)
- Mrs Tan Ching Yee, Permanent Secretary (Finance)
- BG (NS) Chee Wee Kiong, Permanent Secretary (Foreign Affairs)
- Mrs Ow Foong Pheng, Permanent Secretary (National Development)
- Ms Chan Lai Fung, Permanent Secretary (National Research and Development)
- Mr Lee Chuan Teck, Permanent Secretary (Trade and Industry)(Development)
- Mr Loh Ngai Seng, Permanent Secretary (Transport)
- Dr Beh Swan Gin, Chairman, Economic Development Board
- Mr Ravi Menon, Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Mr Benedict Chia, Director (Strategic Issues), National Climate Change Secretariat, Strategy Group, Prime Minister’s Office
- Mr Heng Jian Wei, Director (Policy and Planning), National Climate Change Secretariat, Strategy Group, Prime Minister’s Office
Long Term Emissions and Mitigation Working Group
The Long Term Emissions and Mitigation Working Group (LWG) develops plans to reduce Singapore’s long-term emissions. LWG examines mitigation options, and identifies the capabilities, infrastructure and policies needed for long-term emissions reduction.
Resilience Working Group
The Resilience Working Group (RWG) studies Singapore’s vulnerability to the effects of climate change and develops long-term plans that ensure the nation’s resilience to future environmental changes.
Sustainability Working Group
The Sustainability Working Group (SWG) develops the national sustainability agenda to strengthen Singapore’s resource resilience, and addresses emerging and cross-cutting issues on sustainability.
Green Economy Working Group
The Green Economy Working Group (GEWG) coordinates and enables the growth of Singapore’s green economy, so as to seize new economic opportunities in sustainability and create good jobs for Singaporeans.
Communications and Engagement Working Group
Communications and Engagement Working Group (CEWG) establishes communications priorities, to achieve greater whole-of-government coordination in climate change communications and engagement efforts, to build consensus on Singapore’s climate change plans and targets.